How Do We Gain Or Lose Confidence?
Everyone knows that confidence is complicated and many factors can come into play. Most people’s confidence base is built during their young developmental years. This can occur due to support and praise from family, authority figures, and role models. It can also be a product of academic, athletic, or other successes. As we age another form of confidence comes from enjoyable sexual experiences and the affection of relationships. Confidence is exponential, the more confident you are in one area of your life the more you will become in other areas too!
The loss of confidence, much like the gain, is typically associated with experiences. It can be due to sickness, injury, or negative experiences. It can also be caused by the way we are treated by others. The key to that situation is to realize that the negative things that people do and say about us say more about them then it does about you.
Tips To Increase Your Confidence
There are a variety of ways that you can increase your confidence. The answer lies in what kind of confidence you are looking to expand. Making an effort to increase your confidence is a great way to improve your love life, as well as your overall experiences.
- Fake It Until You Make It. Most confidence starts with the simple act of accepting yourself and holding pride in who you are, as well as what you stand for. Sometimes acting confident is the best way to start your journey to total self-confidence.
- Learn To Accept Compliments. Many individuals have trouble accepting compliments and even believe them. Taking these respects and trusting in others is a terrific way to build your self-esteem along with the bond that you share.
- If You Don’t Feel Confident In Something Turn To Learning. We believe that one of the best things you can do when you don’t feel confident in something (literally anything in life) the easiest ways to gain it is through obtaining knowledge. (The internet can teach you about almost anything these days.)
- Be Nicer To Yourself. There are a lot of people who don’t have the self-esteem that they should due to negative “self-talk.” It could be a little voice in your head that discourages you or a feeling of incompetence. Encourage yourself, even if it takes hyping yourself up a before taking a leap!
How Can You Apply This To Your Love Life?
All of these confidence builders are easily transferable to your romantic life, from your approach to the end of the night. Here are a few ways you can increase your sexual confidence both in and out of bed.
- Dress In What Makes You Feel Sexy. Dressing for confidence is a great way to boost your self-esteem, especially when you’re on the lookout for a partner. For some people, this is a stunning outfit, for others it is sexy lingerie only they know is underneath. In fact, many men wear lingerie to boost their romantic confidence too. (Some guys even wear girth gainers or cock rings!)
- Don’t Be Afraid To Be Turned Down. Some people will be interested in you, some people won’t. So what! Don’t waste your time fretting over people who aren’t interested in you. This doesn’t say anything negative about you. There are people who you are and aren’t interested in too. Everyone’s feelings deserve to be respected, and we often don’t get to choose who we are romantically attracted to. Being okay with the possibility of a minor rejection will make it a lot easier to commit to the approach.
- Don’t Try Too Hard, Just Be Yourself! The best thing you can do when approaching a potential mate is, to be honest with them and to be unapologetically yourself. You never know, this could be the beginning of a relationship. It’s better to be yourself and have an honest bond than to start a relationship in a state of dishonesty. Trust us, you want to be with someone who loves you for being you.
- Be Open-Minded & Accept Advice! If you are open-minded, you will discover beautiful sexual experiences with your lover(s). Don’t be afraid to be curious if a potential mate brings up new ideas for the bedroom. In the same breath, don’t do anything you aren’t comfortable with. Advice can lead to incredible discovers regardless of whether it came from a book, love guru, or a friend!
- Always Be Prepared. This should be a no-brainer! The more prepared you are for anything, the more confident you will be. Whatever you need for an enjoyable night in bed make sure it’s available if the time becomes right. This could be condoms or lube that you keep in your pocket, wallet, purse, or car when you go out. (Be sure to keep up with expiration dates though.) It could also be your favorite sex toys, ready to go in the drawer of your bedside table. Whatever it is, you do you!
Confidence plays a role in our sex lives, no matter if we are gay, straight, bi, trans, polyamorous, monogamous, or enjoy a little kink! The most important part of being confident above everything else is allowing yourself to be confident. So many of us hold ourselves back not because we think that we are incompetent but because we are afraid to admit we are great. You are great, and you deserve to feel confident in yourself, but first, you must be open to allowing it. To learn more ways you can improve your romantic life or find products to help, don’t hesitate to check our blog or contact us today.