It might seem like you have some downtime now that the holidays are over and the new year has come, but Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Plan ahead to make sure you have everything you need for a romantic and sensual experience.
How to Set The Mood This Valentine’s Day
If you want to set the mood, even if you’re only preparing for a solo session, you need to tantalize all the senses. Everything you see, smell, see, feel and hear can be controlled to bring your partner and yourself into the right headspace.
Imagine walking into a salon and spa. The lights are low and perhaps amber-hued. The temperatures are warm. You hear soothing music, and your nose smells something pleasant, even if you can’t identify what it is. You might be surrounded by flowing curtains and plush pillows, which make you feel like you’re safe and comfortable. You forget about the reception desk out front. Setting the mood for sex on Valentine’s Day — or any other day of the year, for that matter — is much the same.
- Choose Music: Some soothing or sexy music is just what the situation calls for. You can go old-school with some Marvin Gaye, put on some new R&B or go with some Enya if it’s more your style. It’s not about what’s considered soothing or sensual; find the music that will help you relax and get into the mood!
- Start In the Tub: What’s more relaxing than a sensual bubble bath (Kama Sutra’s Weekender Kit includes bath gels as well as balms and honey dust you can use later)? You can make it a bath for two and soap each other up. And even if yourpartner is a man, he might enjoy being able to take a load off and slip into soapy bubbles while surrounded by a few tea lights. Just make sure that people, pets, and linens are safely out of the way!
- Massage Oils and Candles: These products are great for actual massage, which is a great way to get into the mood for sex. Even a non-sexual massage can make you feel more connected to your partner and get your blood pumping. Of course, you can turn it into an erotic massage if that works for you. That covers the sense of touch, but massage products can cover some of the other bases, too. Many of these products are scented, which is a treat for another sense. The flickering of a massage candle (we recommend the Afterglow candle in Dark Vanilla) adds to the ambiance, and warm wax (or warming oil, if you prefer) can help you or your partner feel more comfortable.
- Trip the Lights: Lighting is essential to setting the mood. A harsh overhead light so isn’t sexy. This doesn’t mean you have to turn off all the lights, however! Turn on a lamp, even if you need to borrow one from another room to do so. Throw a sheer scarf over the shade to make it even sexier. And while we mentioned candled, battery-powered options are safer and even let you customize the color of the light!
- Dress to Impress: Don’t forget to make yourself look ah-may-zing! There are tons of options for both men and women. A lacy bra-and-panty sex or some well-fitting briefs can make your partner drool. You can purchase a special piece just for Valentine’s Day (think shades of red and pink!). Our customers love the Serena Halter Tie Babydoll with Molded Cups and Panty because the flowing material hides flaws around the tummy while the molded cups emphasize your bosom, but you can check out all our lingerie to find the perfect fit!
- Go Darker: Don’t think that your Valentine’s Day plans have to be all light and loving if that’s not your style. February 14th is just as good a day as any to try out some BDSM! If this is your first foray into kinky play, the Domination game comes with everything you need to try it out, including cuffs, paddle, flogger, blindfold, collar and a vibrator! We also sell heart-shaped crops and paddles if you’re looking for that one item to complete your scene.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to make a little extra time to connect with your partner and bring each other pleasure. Although you don’t have to spend a lot of money to achieve orgasms and greater intimacy, planning a sexy surprise is bound to please!
If you’re looking for that perfect product, contact us for recommendations!